friends turned lovers is literally my favorite trope - like, all other tropes can go home.
give me shared inside jokes that date back to wayyyyy before a first kiss was ever shared. give me living together with separate bedrooms until one of them gradually becomes unnecessary. give me confused reactions from people who already assumed the two of them were dating. give me arguments over what counts as an anniversary because should we start at the date we met or the date we became friends or the date we got over our stupid selves and finally started kissing?
give me stories that show the line between friends and lovers is a really, really thin one - that appreciating the friendship that two characters share doesn’t mean you can’t ship them really damn hard too. that you can keep all the awesome friends-being-assholes-to-each-other stuff and add on all the shippy stuff to get something extra special awesome.
give me all of that.
i love hogwarts AUs but u know what i love even more hogwarts AU cliches
- sneaking into the dorms of other houses
- accidently switching ties after making out in a broom closet
- someone gets slipped a love potion with hilarious and harmless results
- V E R I T A S E R U M
- characters fighting off boggarts together
- characters finding out their patronus forms together
- goddamn i love hogwarts au cliches
I just found a silverfish crawling on my foot and while I killed it I’m now worried that there might be more in my bed